Garbage disposals are very useful tools as they breakdown and dispose of food scraps, bones, coffee grounds, and other items, reducing the amount of garbage that accumulates in your home. But if they are not handled correctly, garbage disposals can also be very dangerous tools. So how can you minimize your risk?
This article from Home & Garden Ideas provides several safety precautions you should follow when using any garbage disposal.
- Read the Manual: Although many of us ignore them, the owner’s manual for any appliance is a very good source of information. It will list maintenance tips and safety guidelines specific to your product.
- Monitor what you Dispose of: Not all materials can be put into a garbage disposal. For example, rubber, metal and glass should never be inserted into your disposal. These items will most likely jam, clog, or even break your garbage disposal.
- Turn off the Electricity: Whenever performing any type of maintenance on your garbage disposal, turn off the electricity. Do not take any unnecessary risks.
- Wear Work Gloves: Gloves may inhibit your movement slightly, but they will protect you from injury. If you get cut by the blade of your garbage disposal, the likelihood that that cut will get infected is high because of bacteria that may be growing on and around the disposal.
- Don’t Use Chemicals: Chemical cleaners and garbage disposals do not mix.
Practice caution around your garbage disposal. These tools can be very helpful, but if they are not used properly, they can result in serious injuries. So be careful.
If you have any questions, contact Mahon Plumbing by clicking here today!
Buy generic dapoxetine Online Without Prescription. Men’s Health. Dental Whitening, Anti-fungus, Male Enhancement.
free Baclofen without prescription. Purchase Baclofen Spain Mail order baclofen Baclofen Information Purchase Baclofen US Generic for Baclofen buy Baclofen
Top Quality Medications. buy doxycycline Malaria Online. Fastest Shipping, Doxycycline Acne Cost.
Tags: Appliance, Bones, Break, Breakdown, Chemical Cleaner, Clog, Cofee grounds, Cut, Dangerous, Dispose of food, Don't Use Chemicals, Garbage, garbage disposal, Garbage Disposal Safety, Garbage Disposals, Glass, Home, Infected, Inhibit your movement, Jam, Mahon Plumbing, maintenance on your garbage disposal, Maintenance Tips, Metal, Minimize your risk, Monitor what you Dispose of, owner’s manual, Protect you from injury, Read the Manual, reducing the amount of garbage that accumulates in your home, Risk, Rubber, Safety Guidelines, safety precautions, Source of information, Tools, Turn off electricity, Wear Work Gloves