Are you looking for a way to add elegance to your bathroom without breaking the bank? If so, you should consider installing a pedistal sink. Installing one can quickly turn your dull bathroom into the elegant powder room you have always wanted, because a pedistal sink is more like a piece of art than an appliance.
But are they practical?
This article from AskTheBuilder.com outlines the pros and cons of the eye-catching pedistal sink.
• Style: these sinks provide a classic look to any bathroom. The colors, styles, and shapes of pedistal sinks are such that you can almost always find one to fit any decorating theme or time period no matter if it’s Victorian, ultra modern or somewhere in between.
• Easy to maintain: periodically washing these sinks with dish soap and water is all you need to do to keep them looking their best.
• Gorgeous faucets: these stylish faucets will take your breath away.
• Storage Space: there is none. There are no cabinets beneath the sink and no space to place objects on the sink. Because of this, they are not always the most practical options.
• Planning: since there is no cabinet to hide the drain lines and water supply lines, it takes more work and planning to hide the unattractive piping out of sight.
You have to ask yourself if the added aesthetic value is worth the inconvenience of less storage space. The choice is up to you.
If you have any questions, contact Mahon Plumbing by clicking here today!