When it comes to keeping your drains and pipes clean, there are many options to choose from. Professional plumbers usually use one of two different solutions for clogs and pipe cleaning: pipe snaking or hydro jetting. While plumbing snakes, or plumbing augers as they’re technically called, are a more standard approach, hydro jetting offers an innovative answer for most of your pipe issues. So what’s the best solution? That all depends on the problem! Each plumbing technique is useful for different kinds of clogs, so you want to make sure you’ve got a qualified plumber handling the clogged drain. Here’s a comparison for both pipe snaking and hydro jetting!
When Pipe Snaking is Beneficial
Snaking a clogged drain is typically done with an auger, which looks like a longer, steel cable with a coil at the very end of it. A plumber will then insert the cable into the sewer line, using the coil at the end to break through any debris or obstructions. This then will clear up the messy gunk in your pipes and remove any clogs. You might now be wondering, what are the perks of pipe snaking? They are:
- Easy on the Pipes – it’s an undisruptive procedure for your pipes (but not the clogs), which means if you’ve got delicate pipes, this is an excellent option.
- Tried and True Procedure – you know it will work and will do a solid job on most clogs because professional plumbers have been using it for decades.
- Tackles smaller clogs easily – when there is just a tiny clog to tackle, snaking can get the job done quickly.
When to Consider Hydro Jetting
Tricky clogs and buildup do not stand a chance against the high-pressured hose used during hydro jetting. Just as it sounds, a hose with a specialized nozzle will shoot a powerful force of pressurized water through your pipes, which clears out your clogged drains and anything else in its way. A plumber will typically create a cleanout, or an opening, to allow the clog and buildup to be cleared out properly through the pipe. Some of the significant benefits of hydro jetting include:
- Removes dangerous blocks – the sheer intensity and power of the pressurized water can even clear out tree roots and other severe blocks when necessary.
- Eliminates any clogs in a jiffy – with intense high-pressure water shooting through your pipes, the clogs will be cleared out instantly.
If you have any concerns or questions about either service, Mahon Plumbing can tell you everything else you need to know about pipe snaking and hydro jetting services!
Call Mahon Plumbing Today
If you still have more questions regarding your plumbing, we here at Mahon Plumbing are here to help. We have been serving the wider Baltimore area since 1994, so we have 25 years of experience to back up our fantastic service! Call us at our Baltimore location at 410-766-8566 or our Pasadena location at 410-636-7944. Be sure to keep up with us on social media by following us on Facebook or Twitter.