Completing a water main replacement is a process. Before you schedule one to be done, you need to know the warning signs to know for sure if you need one. A lot can go wrong with your home’s plumbing, and there are several factors such as time, weather, and use that can wear down your main water line. Every single day your home endures a lot of plumbing, and no homeowner wants to deal with the stress of damaged or broken pipe. Here are a couple of signs to know when you need a professional to assist with a water main replacement.
Taking proper care of your plumbing should be one of your top priorities, and this includes your main water line. Your water line is responsible for delivering water in and out of your home, and when it is damaged, it can be devastating. Here are the warning signs you need to consider a water main replacement.
- Clogged Plumbing. One typical result of any damaged sewer line is clogged plumbing. This could mean there’s a possible clog somewhere in the main sewer line. Clogs happen from waste, debris, tree roots, etc. If these clogs occur often enough, its time to consider a water main replacement.
- Tree root incursion. What you’re flushing down your drains aren’t the only culprits for a clogged water mainline. Tree roots have a reputation for creeping into your plumbing and creating some very nasty clogs. The damage done by any tree roots warrants a replacement. It typically requires a plumber to access both the spot of the root damage, but also laying down a brand-new water main replacement system.
- A dip in water pressure. A damaged water main sewer line can cause your home’s plumbing a slew of different problems, including lower water pressure levels. If you notice your showers aren’t as great as they used to, it might be time for a water main replacement.
- Nasty water. Any breaks or leaks in your main water line will allow dirt and debris to flow into your home’s drinking water. Pay very close attention to the water coming out of your faucets. If you notice any discoloration, weird smells, or grainy texture, your water could be polluted. A broken water main line can lead to severe health problems if left untreated.
- Water pooling. One other odd sign you might need a water main replacement is water pooling. If you see small ponds of water and lush patches of grass in your yard, it’s a sign of a busted water mainline. It could be a plumbing issue, but it’s more than likely from your water mainline.
If you experience any of these issues, call out someone from Mahon Plumbing to give you a hand.
Call Mahon Plumbing Today
If you still have more questions regarding your plumbing, we here at Mahon Plumbing are here to help. We have been serving the wider Baltimore area since 1994, so we have 25 years of experience to back up our fantastic service! Call us at our Baltimore location at 410-766-8566 or our Pasadena location at 410-636-7944. Be sure to keep up with us on social media by following us on Facebook or Twitter.